With the number of risks rising in today’s world of technology and unprecedented changes, it is now more crucial than ever to train staff with Virtual Reality Training Technology to remain engaged and alert while in the workforce. Learning and development (L&D) professionals have struggled a long time in creating organisational training programs for the workforce that is not only engaging but conveys the key learning points clearly. The boon of technology and the digital age is that it gives rise to useful tools, such as VR, augmented reality (AR) and real-time data streaming. This has given a new breath of life to workforce training, as organisations can now incorporate these new technologies, which promote a sense of realness, into these training programs.
Virtual Reality Training is crucial in strengthening workforce capabilities. It provides employees with an opportunity to work in real-life work situations without implicating any serious consequences. Take the aviation industry for example. Industry standards call for compliance of a 3- month training for aviation technicians. Virtual Reality Training can help bring aviation technicians up to speed with these industry standards. FL Technics, a well-established aircraft maintenance and repair services company, developed a VR training solution in a virtual learning environment, which stimulated life-like 1:1 scenarios for maintenance crews, focused on improving their standardized process of training.
The advantages of incorporating Virtual Reality with learning and development (L&D) initiatives include:
• Interactive Experiences: The attention to educational outcomes is important and VR improves participation through stimulating an interactive training environment. This improves employee engagement to L&D modules, thereby improving the uptake of educational information.
• Active Thinking: It sets employees thinking of various scenarios, thereby stimulating their thinking process and makes them active thinkers instead of passive doers.
• Reduced-intensity and increased creativity: Scenarios done in VR is simulated so employees will take risks that they do not normally take or seek innovative solutions to problems that pose high risks. This gives them the opportunity to discuss matters that they normally wouldn’t have the opportunity to do in real-life in front of a client.
VR technology empowers businesses to test new strategies to see how workers respond. Since VR is so interactive and persuasive, employees under training can consume more knowledge and hold more information. This process of accelerated learning is only possible through the help of memory processing through emotional reaction, since the VR training environment is entirely an immersive one.
If you find that your corporate training has not been effective in delivering its learning outcomes, then it’s time to consider implementing a technological solution. In particular, consider emerging technologies like VR, which has a proven track record of improving L&D outcomes.
Consider the following recommendations to implement VR in your corporate training programs:
1. VR for Corporate On-boarding
You can save money by using VR for onboarding instead of arranging for resources to conduct onboarding sessions. With the improvement of VR innovation in recent years, several businesses have decided to use this approach of onboarding training, sending preloaded VR headsets to the de-centralized offices with training videos. This method of on-boarding has proven to reduce resourcing cost, thereby providing companies with the opportunity to re-invest the funds elsewhere.
2. VR for Training on Problem-Solving Skills
It is important to train employees on problem-solving in new and unfamiliar situations. This can be done with the help of VR training. Healthcare institutions, for example, use VR training to educate healthcare practitioners in a risk-free environment on new medical techniques. In this scenario, VR preparation is a valuable tool as it reduces the errors and liabilities in real-life medical situations for staff who are engaged in these sensitive or essential operations. This can empower medical practitioners to resolve unfamiliar matter swiftly.
3. VR for Apprenticeship
VR allows employees to use virtual environments to fundamentally develop new ideas or enhancements to existing products and services in apprenticeship programs. You can also use VR to maximize the benefits of scenario-based learning which facilitates real-life decision-making and critical thinking. Through interactive 360-degree modelling, apprentices undertaking the VR training apprenticeship program designed by employees get a chance to explore what the company is about and the exciting work is done there. This saves budget for allocating resources such as professionals and a room for the apprenticeship program when it can be done effectively online with the help of VR.
VR training is expected to become a transformative instrument for learning over the coming decade as it is immersive, safe, realistic, engaging and reduces overall cost. It is time to embrace the benefits of VR and the digital disruption into your training programs!
The various existing implementations that we performed with our prestigious clients include:
• Working in collaboration with the Hero MotoCorp team in six scenarios, depicting various hazards faced when safety is not followed. This project is currently being implemented across the production and maintenance teams with a focus on the following safety at the workplace. These include:
O Lockout/Tagout (Loose Wire, Change Cutter, Pneumatic LOTO)
O Unguarded Machinery (Feed Wire, Change Component, Dye Cleaning)
• CHRP-INDIA provided end-to-end procurement and setup of AR/VR/MR technologies as part of the state-owned Kerala Govt. Startup Mission (KSUM).
• We have created VR Zone as part of the VR Software and Infrastructure deployment to train 5000+ users.
• We have worked with 50+ global clients, which involved the development of 3000+ hours eLearning, 6000+ hours ILT Courses / Education, and 1400+ Video-based learning
If you would like to know more about our VR Solutions (or) would like to book for a live demo to experience the virtual reality and talk to our experts, call us on +91 40 6634 0090 / 91 (or) write to us firstname.lastname@example.org